Kaniz Fatema and her newborn child at Jamalpur General Hospital in Jamalpur, Bangladesh, in July 2011. ©UNICEF/Haque/2011
Monday 22 October, 2018 at 3 pm Dhaka time (9 am Accra, 10 am London, 11 am Geneva, noon Addis Ababa time) (duration: 1 hour)
Click here to join or register
The Network for Improving Quality of Care for Maternal, Newborn , and Child Health, is organizing a webinar on ‘Adapting and adopting quality of care standards for maternal and newborn health in facilities: the example of Bangladesh’.
Dr Nazma, Jr. Consultant Gynaecologist at Narshingdi Hospital, will explain how the quality improvement teams got started in facilities, and what steps they are taking to develop solutions. Dr Aminul Hassan, Deputy Director of the Quality Improvement Secretariat within the Ministry of Health, will present how this work started in Bangladesh, what was the methodology used to collect baseline data on core indicators and the way forward for quality improvement initiatives.
- Dr Aminul Hassan, Deputy Director of the Quality Improvement Secretariat in the Ministry of Health, Bangladesh
- Dr Nazma, Jr. Consultant Gynaecologist at Narshingdi Hospital, Bangladesh
The presentations will be followed by a Q & A session.
Who should join: Health practitioners and managers.
- Bangladesh quality improvement secretariat http://www.qis.gov.bd/
- USAID Mamoni Project http://www.mamoni.info/
- Bangladesh Maternal Mortality Survey 2016 https://www.measureevaluation.org/resources/publications/tr-17-218
- Bangladesh Health Facility Survey https://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/SPA23/SPA23.pdf
See the details on all previous Quality of Care Network’s webinars: http://qualityofcarenetwork.org/about/webinars